Released by Roxio, Inc.:
Roxio Announces Release of Toast 6 Titanium
Significant Enhancements to the Best Selling Macintosh CD/DVD Burning Software
London, UK – 18 August, 2003 – Roxio, Inc., The Digital Media Company®, provider of the best selling digital media software in the world, announced today that Toast® 6 Titanium, the newest and fastest version of their award-winning CD and DVD burning software for the Macintosh platform, is now shipping. Toast 6 provides all of the power, performance and simplicity Macintosh users have come to expect from the Toast brand, with extensive new photo and video capabilities. Toast 6 users can drag and drop, burn and share data, audio, photos and video quickly and with ease.
"Consumers have a huge appetite for all things digital, from cameras and camcorders, to portable music players", said Vito Salvaggio, Roxio vice president of product management. "Toast 6 helps them do more with their digital life faster and easier than ever before through innovative features like Plug & Burn, ToastAnywhere and the Universal Converters, maintaining the Toast experience that customers have come to expect."
Compatible with Mac OS 10.2 and higher, Toast 6 Titanium handles all audio and video formats recognised by QuickTime and is ideal for use with iTunes, iPhoto and iMovie. Using most CD or DVD burners, users can now author Video CDs, Super VCDs and DVDs, complete with menus, buttons and chapters that can be played on either a home DVD player or computer. All of this can be accomplished with the drag and drop simplicity, and reliability for which Toast is known.
Toast 6 Titanium also introduces features never before seen on the Mac OS, most notably ToastAnywhere™, which enables Toast 6 users to share CD and DVD burners across a local network or the Internet. Ideal for offices, schools or home use, ToastAnywhere enables groups to share recorders or set up shared burning servers. Another innovative feature that helps users ^maximize productivity and efficiency is Plug & Burn™, which simplifies creating video discs and removes time consuming steps. Using Plug & Burn, consumers just plug-in their DV camcorder, click record and their home videos will be transferred and burned to disc automatically.
Key New Features:
• ToastAnywhere™ enables the sharing of CD or DVD burners across a network or the Internet with other Toast 6 Titanium users.
• Create Video CDs, Super Video CDs or DVDs with menus, buttons and chapters, and view them on a home DVD Player or computer.
• Plug & Burn™ to create video discs from DV camcorder content with a single click, automatically and effortlessly.
• Drag and drop photos from iPhoto to create full screen slide shows on Video CD, Super Video CD, or DVDs to watch at home on a DVD player or computer.
• Motion Pictures software turns still photos into stunning movies with Hollywood-style pan and zoom effects cross fades and soundtracks.
• Completely reengineered CD Spin Doctor® 2 helps users digitise vinyl records or tapes, or record live audio performances, and provides filters to reduce noise and enhance sound.
• Universal Audio & Video Converters allow users to drag & drop any QuickTime audio, image, or video file format and create perfect audio CDs, enhanced audio CDs, Video CDs, Super VCDs and DVDs.
• Save time and burn files or folders directly from the desktop with the Toast It™ pop up menu.
• Secure data to CD and DVDs with an automatic back-up scheduler, data compression, 128-bit AES encryption and password protection.
Pricing and Availability:
Toast 6 Titanium will be available in the United Kingdom in early September and in the rest of Europe in October. Toast 6 Titanium can also be pre-ordered as of August 25th from www.roxio.co.uk. The suggested retail price is £69.99 inc VAT.
Individual sales and convenient 10-packs are available from computer specialty stores, the Apple stores, catalog and online resellers, and direct from Roxio’s web site.
Power Mac G3 and higher (G4 recommended for faster video encoding)
Mac OS 10.2 and higher (installing latest operating system updates is recommended)
QuickTime 6 and higher
CD or DVD recorder (optional, if using ToastAnywhere recorder sharing)
Most internal and external CD and DVD recorders supported
Roxio, Inc. (NASDAQ:ROXI) provides the best selling digital media software in the world. Roxio makes award-winning software products for CD/DVD burning, photo editing and video editing. Roxio’s family of products includes category-leading products Easy CD & DVD Creator™, Digital Media Suite™, Easy CD Creator® (Windows) and Toast® (Macintosh) for CD/DVD burning, PhotoSuite® for digital photography, and VideoWave® for digital video. Roxio also owns Napster® and plans to re-launch it as a legal, paid service in the near future. Roxio’s current installed base is in excess of 100 million users. Roxio distributes its products globally through strategic partnerships with major hardware manufacturers, in stores with the leading worldwide retailers, through Internet partnerships and also sells its products direct at www.roxio.co.uk . Headquartered in Santa Clara, California, Roxio also maintains offices in Minnesota, Canada, United Kingdom, Netherlands, and Japan. The company currently employs approximately 500 people worldwide. Roxio is a member of the S&P SmallCap 600 and the Russell 2000 Index.
Copyright © 2003 Roxio, Inc. All rights reserved. Roxio, the Roxio tagline, Toast, CD Spin Doctor, the toaster with discs logo, ToastAnywhere, Toast It, Plug & Burn, Easy CD & DVD Creator, Digital Media Suite, Easy CD Creator, PhotoSuite, VideoWave, and Napster are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Roxio, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks used are owned by their respective owners.