Release Issued by Olympus:
See the bigger picture with the latest Olympus cameraLondon, 4 October 2005
– The SP-700 boasts Olympus’s largest LCD to date with its 3 inch (7.6cm) HyperCrystal LCD. Combined with 6.0 million pixels and a precision 3x zoom lens (1:3.3-4.0, equivalent to 38-114mm in 35mm format), the SP-700 ensures that users are able to easily capture, view and share their high quality images with friends.
Whether at the pub, on holiday or on a day out, a streamlined metal body makes this lightweight, design-led camera the latest gadget to be seen with.
The Olympus SP-700 will be available in time for Christmas 2005.
With the SP-700, capturing sharp, vibrant images whilst out and about couldn’t be easier, thanks to its fast response and start-up times, and integrated guide function. Furthermore, the 3 inch LCD with 230,000 pixels means you and your friends can easily view the images at the same time directly on the camera. The SP-700 caters for the perfectionists among us. Its Compare and Shoot function enables users to check and compare results before re-shooting or adjusting settings if necessary, helping to ensure you will never take a bad photograph again. Say goodbye to closed eyes and over-exposure and capture every moment to perfection.
Compare and Shoot function:
The camera’s functionality is enhanced with a range of 24 scene modes. They include an underwater shooting mode to be used in conjunction with the PT-013 underwater case, Red-eye Fix, and Macro or Super Macro Mode for shooting from just 1cm away. A range of additional features, including multi-shot, Label Shot, Calendar function, 2in1 and panorama (when using an Olympus xD-Picture Card) provides more creative users with the opportunity to experiment with a variety of special effects.
With its LCD, stylish compact design and host of special features, the SP-700 will open your eyes to a wider range of photographic opportunities.
The Olympus SP-700 – main features
• Extra large 7.6cm/3” LCD with 230,000 pixels
• 6.0 million pixels
• Precision 3x optical zoom (38-114mm, 35mm camera equiv.)
• Auto mode plus 24 scene modes (incl. Portrait, Beach, Snow, Night Scene and Underwater) for trouble-free shooting
• Movie recording with sound (VGA size at 30fps)
• Creative functions, e.g. Slide Show, Compare & Shoot, Multi-shot,
• Histogram in shooting and playback mode
• Guide Function for easy operation. Explains the different menu options and scene modes.
• Image editing functions on board incl. red-eye fix, brightness, saturation, trimming, B&W and sepia – without need for a PC
• 11 MB internal memory plus slot for xD-Picture Cards
• Super Macro mode for shooting from 1cm
• TruePic TURBO image processor
• PictBridge compatible
For more information go to www.olympus.co.uk