Release Issued by DxO Labs:
Increased Processing Speed And Unrestricted Access To DxO Lens Modules
Read our News Story: DxO widens scope of Optics Pro with version 3.5 announcement
Free upgrade to DxO Lab’s flagship application delivers even greater value for all demanding Digital SLR photographers
New York, NY, USA, October 4, 2005 – DxO Labs announced today an upgrade to its flagship application DxO Optics Pro. DxO Optics Pro v3.5 is a free upgrade from version 3.0 that further consolidates DxO Optics Pro’s position as the leading automatic image enhancement tool for demanding photographers in several key areas and includes DxO Optics Engine version 2.
DxO Optics Engine Version 2
DxO Labs’ award-winning optical quality improvement algorithms are at the heart of the value provided by DxO Optics Pro. Unlike manual or simplistic solutions, DxO Optics Engine takes into account all relevant parameters to automatically enhance the optical performance of the camera and lens.
The new version of DxO Optics Engine included in DxO Optics Pro v3.5 brings even greater value to demanding photographers worldwide:
• DxO Optics Engine v2 includes expanded capabilities for removing unwanted color fringes in the image. Previously limited to removing Lateral Chromatic Aberrations, DxO Optics Engine v2 now automatically processes a much greater range of color fringes, including fringes known under the term of "purple fringing".
• DxO Optics Engine v2 can preserve up to 40% more image surface when eliminating geometric distortion.
• DxO Optics Engine v2 now also enables user-defined cropping for a more efficient workflow.
• DxO Optics Engine v2 provides an increased level of image detail level through improvements to DxO Optics Engine Lens Softness removal capabilities.
Increased processing speed by up to 100% on multi-processor computers
Users of the current version already know that DxO Optics Pro is extremely efficient at grouping many key imaging tasks in an automatic workflow: RAW conversion, noise removal, optical corrections, exposure optimization, etc.
DxO Optics Pro v3.5 goes further by taking advantage of computers with multiple processors (Macintosh or Windows) to increase image batch processing speed. Initial tests have shown that DxO Optics Pro v3.5 can achieve a 100% processing time gain compared to version 3.0.
DxO Optics Pro v3.5 also includes user interface improvements to make image selection and viewing easier, faster and more efficient.
Unrestricted access to DxO Lens Modules
The license fee for DxO Optics Pro now includes unrestricted access to all DxO Lens Modules for a given set of supported camera bodies. DxO Optics Pro Standard Edition supports advanced amateur Digital SLRs, while DxO Optics Pro Elite Edition also includes support for professional Digital SLRs.
There are now more than 240 DxO Lens Modules available. The full list is available on www.dxo.com/modules
Availability and pricing
DxO Optics Pro v3.5 is scheduled to be available early in November 2005 on both Windows and Macintosh platforms. The upgrade is free-of-charge for registered users of version 3.0.
• DxO Optics Pro v3.5 Standard Edition for advanced amateur Digital SLRs €124 / US$149
• DxO Optics Pro v3.5 Elite Edition including support for professional Digital SLRs €249 / US$299
Licensing fee includes unrestricted access to DxO Lens Modules (more than 240 available).
Quoted prices are excluding VAT/Sales Tax. System requirements can be found on www.dxo.com