Release Issued by Fujifilm:
Fujifilm FinePix F11 Zoom: best-selling performance with added creativity
Fujifilm introduces latest ‘F’ range camera to build on the international success of the FinePix F10 Zoom
Fujifilm today announces the launch of the FinePix F11 Zoom. This new camera sits alongside EISA Pocket Camera of the Year, the FinePix F10 Zoom – which achieved best-seller status – in Fujifilm’s high quality compact range. The new model builds upon the FinePix F10 Zoom’s success by adding improved functionality and manual shooting options for increased creativity.
This 6.3 megapixel camera is set to become renowned for the picture quality excellence already demonstrated by the FinePix F10 Zoom. In addition, it has been bestowed with aperture priority and shutter priority modes, giving scope for a level of creativity and photographic control that will appeal to photography enthusiasts.
The FinePix F11 Zoom features market-leading sensitivity of ISO 80-1600, thanks to Fujifilm’s ‘Real Photo Processor’ technology. This gives startlingly clean images, whether composing shots in bright sunshine, in low light or indoors without flash. The refined Super CCD sensor features the octagonal photodiodes pioneered by Fujifilm, which receive light more efficiently than traditional photodiode patterns.
The camera also features a higher resolution 2.5” LCD screen, boasting an impressive 153,000 pixels – helpful when composing shots or viewing images in playback mode. The focus response of the macro mode has been improved, enabling accurate, satisfying close-up photography at distances as close as five centimetres.
Furthermore, the FinePix F11 Zoom is a camera with longevity, delivering around 500 shots on a single battery charge – making it the perfect model for photographers travelling or those on intense photo shoots.
FinePix F11 Zoom features at a glance:
• A (aperture priority AE) and S (shutter priority AE) modes
• High resolution (153,000 pixel) 2.5-inch LCD monitor for optimum clarity and detail
• Super CCD sensor delivering 6.3 million effective pixels
• 3x optical zoom lens (F2.8 - F 5.0), equivalent to 36-108mm on a 35mm camera
• 500-shot battery life
• Class-leading sensitivity setting of ISO 1600 for photography in low light conditions with low noise (ISO 800 for clear movie shooting in low light)
• Low sensitivity of ISO 80 for ultra-high quality photography in bright conditions
• Improved macro mode for subjects as close as 5cm
• 3:2 image format option
• Quick response times (0.01 second shutter lag* and 1.3 second start-up)
• VGA movie capture of 30 frames per second with sound
• xD-Picture Card™ providing large storage capacity, lower power consumption and fast write speeds (16MB to 1GB capacities currently available)
• PictBridge compatible for direct printing without a PC
Adrian Clarke, Director of Photo Products, Fujifilm, said, “The performance of the FinePix F10 Zoom grabbed people’s attention as soon as it launched. It has been a hugely successful camera for Fujifilm around the world, and this overwhelming demand persuaded us to introduce a second model with additional photographic control – for those wanting to be a little more creative. In particular, the high ISO of 1600 will be something that people will relish experimenting with.”
Availability & pricing
The FinePix F11 Zoom will be available from UK retailers in November 2005. Pricing will be announced nearer to the date of retail launch.**
For information about Fujifilm and its products, please visit: www.fujifilm.co.uk