Released by Rollei Fototechnic GmbH:
Listen, who's talking?!
The new Rollei dp300 3-megapixel digital camera records even videoclips and voice commentary and may also be used as a web cam.
A digital camera that not only takes great pictures but will also record entire motion series plus sound opens up entirely new perspectives for creative experimenting. Powerful and compact, the Rollei dp300 with its 3x zoom lens proves to be the ideal camera for discriminating amateur photographers. It will be available from August 2003 for. (dpnow comment: no price was included with this press release)
The Rollei dp300 has a 3x zoom lens, autofocus and a zoom range from 6.2-18.6 mm (equivalent to 40-120mm in 35m photography). Autofocusing is possible from 0.5 m to infinity, macrofocusing from 20 cm to 50 cm. Shutter speeds range from 1 s to 1/4000 s.
In addition to digital still pictures, the Rollei dp300 will also record both videoclips and, thanks to a built-in microphone, voice commentary. The JPEG, EXIF, DPOF, DCF and AVI-Motion (M-JPEG) formats are available for recording. The camera's internal memory has a capacity of 16 MB; additional capacity is provided by SD cards. The Rollei dp300 has a video output switchable to NTSC or PAL as well as a USB interface.
Image quality can be varied to suit the final image size and control file size: There are settings of Normal, Fine and Super-fine. In addition to Auto white-balance, there are presets for Daylight, Shade, Tungsten and Fluorescent. The flash modes Auto, Fill-in, Off and Red-eye reduction provide ample margin for a wide range of different shooting conditions. Camera settings can easily be checked on an easy-to-view 1.5" TFT LCD color monitor.
The Rollei dp300 comes with driver software, USB and video cables, two size AA alkaline batteries, software, operating instructions on CD, wrist strap and case.
• Sensor: CCD sensor, 3.0 megapixels
• Image quality (photo mode): Super-fine, Fine, Normal
• Image resolution (photo mode): 3024 x 2016 pixels, 2048 x 1536 pixels, 1024 x 768 pixels
• Videoclips: 320 x 240 pixels (15 fps), AVI file
• PC-Camera-Mode: 160x120 pixels (30 fps), 320x240 pixels (15 fps)
• Sensitivity: Equivalent to ISO 100
• Storage media: SD- or MM-cards, 16MB internal memory
• LC display: 1.5" TFT color monitor
• Microphone and loudspeaker: Built in
• Recording formats: JPEG, EXIF, DPOF, DCF
• Lens: D-VarioApogon AF zoom lens 6.2-18.6mm f/2.9-6.9 (equivalent to 35mm zoom range 40-120 mm)
• Autofocus range: 0.5 m to infinity
• Macrofocusing range: 20 cm to 50 cm
• Shutter speeds: Automatically controlled (mechanically 1 s – 1/500 s, electronically 1/30 s – 1/4000 s)
• Zoom: 3x optical, 2.5x digital for video recording, 4x digital for still photography, 8x digital for playback (display) (ADZ-Advanced step-less Digital Zoom)
• White balance: Auto, presets for Daylight, Shade, Tungsten and Fluorescent
• Exposure compensation: ± 2 EV in 1/3 increments
• Flash modes: Auto, Fill-in, Off, Red-eye reduction
• Line-out: Video-out (NTSC/PAL)
• Interface: USB (Universal Serial Bus)
• Self-timer: 10-second delay
• Power supply: Two size AA batteries (alkaline, NiMH or CR-V3)
• Dimensions (mm): 106 x 66.5 x 34 (bxhxd)
• Weight: 190 g (without batteries and SD card)
• Camera kit: Rollei dp300, driver software, USB cable, video cable, software, two 1.5V size AA batteries, case, wrist strap, operating instructions on CD
• PC, Windows 98/2000/ME/XP, min. 32MB RAM, min. 110MB free disk space, CD-ROM drive, USB interface
• Apple Macintosh Version 9.0 or higher, min. 32MB RAM, min. 110MB free disk space, CD-ROM drive, USB interface.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
Rollei Web site