Release Issued by Olympus:
Olympus makes four million pixels affordable and user-friendly
The Olympus C-170Find all our PMA 2005 news and show reports here
for emailed PMA story updates too! London, 5th January 2005
- Point, shoot and enjoy the results. It really is that simple with the 4 million pixel Olympus C-170 digital camera. With its “one button, one function” design principle, which makes navigating menus and features incredibly easy, this new autofocus camera from Olympus ensures trouble-free operation – even for those new to the world of digital photography.
Available from early March exclusively through Argos. Pricing to be confirmed at time of availability.
The Olympus C-170 is ready to pick up and go, with everything that’s needed for straightforward, trouble-free digital photography already included. The internal 14MB memory built into the camera enables it to be ready to shoot even if there is no memory card on hand and the camera operates using standard AA-size batteries. The inclusion of an xD-Picture Card slot enables even more versatility, giving you up to 1GB recording capacity for images as well as for movies.
The C-170 is equipped with the Olympus TruePic TURBO processor and a range of scene settings for common shooting situations ranging from ‘Night Scene’ to ‘Sports’ allowing beginners to achieve great photos. A precision autofocus lens (equivalent to 36.7mm on a 35mm camera) means capturing first-class shots is a cinch and getting closer to the subject is easy too, thanks to the 4x digital zoom.
Once you’ve taken your shots they can be reviewed on the 3.8cm / 1.5 inch LCD monitor and the image files are automatically stored in the camera’s 14MB internal memory (or on an xD-Picture Card). True to the camera’s easy operation ethos printing shots couldn’t be simpler as PictBridge support means that the C-170 can be connected to a compatible printer such as the CAMEDIA P-10, avoiding the need for a computer completely.
The CAMEDIA C-170 – main features:
• 4.0 million pixels
• 36.7mm 1:2.8 AF lens (35mm camera equivalent)
• 4x digital zoom
• 14MB internal memory plus xD-Picture Card slot
• 3.8cm / 1.5 inch LCD monitor
• 7 scene programmes (e.g. ‘Night Scene’, ‘Sports’ or ‘Beach & Snow’)
• TruePic TURBO support
• PictBridge compatible
• Uses two AA-size batteries or one CRV-3 cell
For more information and where to buy Olympus products please go to www.olympus.co.uk